SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday 24 May 2018

Technique - Drawing on Stamped Images

Hello Crafty Friends,

I hope you have had a wonderful day. Mine has been a productive one - ticking items off to do lists is so rewarding, especially when they are things you have been purposely delaying. With the linen cupboard and pantry sorted I can now get into something I love - creating!!

Today's post is a collation of creations I recently shared on Instagram. All these cards use a technique that I totally enjoy as I am a doodler, especially when I am on the telephone. This technique is great for monochrome patterned DSP and also for some stamped images.



Simply take a Black Ink Pen and add details to stamped images. For these cards I have chosen the leaf and flower bud images from Cake Soiree and the small floral image from Petal Palette.


Small strokes of the pen have been added to mimic leaf veins and flower stamens. To compliment the Black Ink strokes, ensure you add other Black elements in small touches - I have used foliage stamps from Jar of Love and Cake Soiree stamp sets.


The images really pop when adding a lot of white space. I added some texture for this one with the Pinewood Planks Embossing Folder.




Something a bit simpler. Changing the colour combinations of the stamped images gives you so many different looks.


Again using texture, this time created using the Basket Weave Embossing Folder




Hope you are inspired to try this technique on stamps you own - and by that I mean the stamped images!!! Please don't draw on your actual stamps lol 

Until next time, stay crafty




1 comment :

  1. Love these cards. Flowers are wonderful. How did you create the stitched curves? Thank you for sharing these cards.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments xx