SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday 28 September 2017

Just Add Ink #379 Inspiration Picture

Good Day Crafty Friends,

Well, that week went uber fast! Thank goodness it's nearly the weekend. Hope we get a spot of that elusive thing they call sunshine. 

It's challenge time over at Just Add Ink! My favourite time of the week. I am supposed to play along fortnightly, but I simply adore JAI challenges and just cant help myself. I love the variety in the challenges, they are so much fun and always inspire me to create items outside my comfort zone. 

This week, the fabulously talented, Kelly Kent has chosen a stunning picture to draw inspiration from

https://just-add-ink.blogspot.com/2017/09/just-add-ink379inspiration.html

I just adore the pink and neutral tones. Plus, that jug of delishiousness makes me think of mocktails by Pool. I'm not a big drinker but give me a smoothie, frappe, glass of fruity punch and I'm a happy glamper. No I don't camp - are your crazy.....there are poisonous snakes in this country! 


I chose to take the pinks in the jug of yummyness and soft white in the tablecloth and use them in my card. My card didn't turn out how I envisioned but was happy with it as I knew the receiver loves pink and stitched cards. 

I stuffed up the card front stitching at the very end (see pic below) right hand top corner. blahhh!


It annoyed me so much I had to cover it with little glitter hearts. Then they looked ridiculous by themselves so added the Berry Burst hearts lol 



I'm really digging square cards at the moment. This one is half a 12x12 sheet of Blushing Bride for the card base. 
 
The card front has been water coloured with a light Powder Pink wash. Embossing paste and white embossing powder were applied through the medallion stencil, from the Party Patterns Decorative Mask set. I heat set the powder so the embossing paste has a lovely bright white sheen. 
 
I then attached the card front to a layer of Blushing Bride and Crumb Cake card with a zig zag stitch around the border. 
 
The Floral images from Remarkable You and Birthday Blooms were heat embossed in gold and water coloured using Powder Pink ink. The sentiment was also heat embossed in gold. A lace doiley, glimmer white card and vellum leaves, strip of glimmer white card, year of cheer embellishment and powder pink ribbon were layered using a Whisper White stitched circle as the centre piece 

Be sure to check out my fellow design team creations here, so many beautiful cards - I love all the pinks! We would love for you to join us and play along. 

Until next time, stay awesome

7 comments :

  1. So pretty Jackie! I love these colours together! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many gorgeous details Jackie...Love the softer palette too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh I really love the stencil design in the background Jackie, its so soft it took me a minute to realise its there! It's a gorgeous background for that cluster of lovely flowers! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jackie,

    wow such an elegant card. Lovely!

    Hugs
    Ela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Jackie and I just love that double stitching edge. I always stuff up right at the end too. It's so annoying lol. I think the hearts really do finish the card of beautifully anyway!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Truly beautiful, Jackie. If you hadn't pointed out your stitching dilemma, I wouldn't have known of your oopsie. You have finished off your masterpiece beautifully with the hearts. Every detail is amazing! D xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wouldn't have seen the stitching mistake unless you pointed it out Jackie. Your card is so beautiful regardless xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments xx