SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday 10 April 2017

Convention Swaps

Hello Crafty Friends,

As mentioned in an earlier post, I made over 100 swaps for the Perth Onstage event. I did not make just one design lol. I made 7 because I knew everyone has different taste when it comes to colours etc. Here is one of the seven designs. I made 10 full cards as part of my swaps. This is the Poppin Box Card -box and wrap tutorial by Gemma Clarke.

 

And here is a picture of all angles of the box, wrap and belly band.

 

As you can see I used a few different bundles to decorate the box.  I took the colour inspiration from the DSP I was using so that it was easier to coordinate. I used the Cupcakes & Carousels DSP, Whisper White, Black, So Saffron and Bermuda Bay Cardstock with a few teeny bits of Vellum. I used Archival Black ink for most of the stamped images, with the addition of So Saffron and Bermuda Bay inks for colouring the hot air balloon, sponging the inside card, flowers in the jar etc.

I made five in each colour card base - So Saffron & Bermuda Bay and decorated with a piece of DSP that covered the front third of the card. 

 

To decorate the belly band, I cut strips of Cardstock and attached to the middle before using the Layering Circles Framelits to make 3 circles in white, So Saffron and Bermuda Bay before using a 4th circle to cut DSP from the Cupcakes & Carousels DSP Stack.

The For You sentiment is from the Jar of Love Bundle and was heat embossed in white powder on Bermuda Bay card stock.

I made the little tassels as I felt the fronts were a tad too plain. Using scraps of So Saffron and Bermuda Bay I ruled a small line down from the top edge of my strip of Cardstock and using scissors cut lines upto the pencil mark. 

 

Then just add a loop of Bakers Twine at the beginning of the strip of Cardstock and start rolling. I used Tombow to secure the Bakers Twine and to close up the rolled tassel. Let dry then attach a small thin strip of silver foil Cardstock around the top. 

 

I stamped the inside with two sentiments and the carousel image from the Carousel Birthday Stamp Set using archival black ink and then using sponges I lightly sponged So Saffron and Bermuda Bay ink.
 
Four sides of the box were decorated using the Layering Squares Framelits to cut perfect squares from the DSP. The Layering Circles Framelits were used to cut two of each colour in So Saffron & Bermuda Bay to place over the DSP before decorating further.
 
 

Each side has a different image/bundle used to decorate over the DSP and Layering Circle. This side uses the Beautiful You stamp set and the T Shirt Builder Bundle. The lady image was paper pieced using DSP from the same Paper Stack. Her hat was coloured using So Saffron Marker. Sentiment is from the Sprinkles of Life stamp set.  I also used the triple banner punch to make the little banner behind the Tee.

 

The Love Notes bundle was used for this side with the envelope cut in Vellum. The heart die was cut in black card stock and the note card was stamped in Bermuda Bay for the hearts and Archival Black for the Happy Birthday. The little sentiment is from the Sprinkles of Life stamp set.

 

Up & Away Bundle for this side. Images were stamped in Archival Black on Shimmery White cardstock and coloured in using an Aqua Painter with So Saffron and Bermuda Bay inks. I had to add a little white die cut cloud too just because lol

 

And the Jar of Love bundle on this side. I did die cut a piece of vellum and put it over the stamped jar image so it looked more like glassware. The sentiment is from the Blooms & Wishes stamp set, which was heat embossed in white powder onto black card stock.
 
If you received one at Onstage hope you liked it - I could only give away 9 of them as I forgot I had to pop one on the SU Swaps Display Board.
 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments xx