SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday 22 February 2017

Sew some card fronts

I pulled out my sewing machine today, thank goodness it has a dust cover as it hadn't seen the light of day for over a year. Plus, to be honest I couldn't find the cord after one of my clean ups. I have been wanting to try sewing on card fronts again, as its been awhile. 

 

Just don't look to close, most of them don't have the straightest stitching lines lol. By the time I got to the fourth card, the machine and I had bonded, and then it was time to pack it up and put everything away, hopefully not for another year this time.

 

For this card I used the Ferris Wheel from the Cupcakes and Carousels Stamp set, stamped with Black Archival ink directly onto a piece of Falling in Love DSP. I absolutely adore the bokeh effect on this DSP.

 


I use the word Gorgeous a lot in my everyday speech, so of course I just had to get the Beautiful You stamp set so I could get my hands on it. The black hearts are from the Sealed with Love bundle, raised using dimensionals to match the height of the sentiment. The four hearts are heat embossed in gold on black cardstock.


 


Check out the stitching lines on this little puppy lol. This was the fourth card so my skills had improved by this stage. I kept this card very basic, using Whisper White, Sahara Sand and Black card stock. The card front has been embossed with the new Hexagons TEIF, added a Doilie and a few pearls. The Flower is from the Sale-a-Bration stamp set called Avant Garden. Stamped in Black Archival on Sahara Sand and coloured using White Craft Ink and an aqua painter. I then fussy cut the flower and adhered to the circle cut from a piece of Sahara Sand that has been stamped with White Craft Ink and the Woodgrain Background stamp.
 


The sentiment "Best Wishes" is from the Blooms & Wishes stamp set. I used the Triple Banner Punch to make the little banner.
 

This card would get me employee of the month at Willie Wonkers sewing factory! The van is from the Sale-a-Bration stamp set called Tasty Trucks. I have used some DSP from the Cupcakes & Carousels Paper Stack and the die cut heart is made using Blushing Bride Cardstock and the Love Notes Framelits.



The little Truck has been coloured using an aqua painter with Daffodil Delight, Pool Party and Pink Pirouette inks.




Another card using the same coloured inks and a piece of DSP from the Cupcakes & Carousels Paper Stack. I probably over did the sewing on this one, but I wanted to do as much as I could while I had the sewing machine out, give the old girl a decent run around the block before she gets covered and forgotten about again - gosh I really hope not!



Well that's it for this post. Machine is away and its time to make dinner. Hope you get to make some YOU time today. Time just for you to relax and perhaps create something wonderful in your craft space.
 
Happy Crafting xx
 
 
 
 
 
 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments xx